Following on from the success of a previous events, we are pleased to announce that Minecraft 4 Minecraft 4 Assistance Dogs Ireland will take place on April 18th, 2022. All proceeds will be donated to Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland. Tomás Lang (aka “Zoinky”) is hosting a Minecraft tournament in order to raise money for them!
Buy your Eventbrite ticket here!
How do I join?
This is the third Minecraft For Charities Ireland tournament, and here is how you join:
Purchase a ticket for the Minecraft 4 Assistance Dogs Irelandtournament at Eventbrite.com [Tickets on sale – 5th March 21:00]
All proceeds will be donated to Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland.
You will also have the option to donate extra if you please. You can do this at our Donation Page
Next, download Discord and join the Minecraft 4 Assistance Dogs Ireland Discord server using the Eventbrite ticket. (After your purchase your ticket, you will receive a Discord join link). You will then be prompted to enter your Eventbrite order number (this will be on your ticket) for authentication purposes at the specified Discord channel.
In order to participate in the Minecraft 4 Assistance Dogs Ireland tournament, you must have:
1. Minecraft Java Edition.
What is Discord?
Discord is an app where you are able to keep in contact with us. By joining our Discord server, you can keep in touch with tournament participants and chat. We will all be in a Voice Call while participating. Discord is free, and it is available on PC, Android and IOS.
Click here for more Information on Discord
Click here to download Discord
Click here to get Minecraft Java Edition
- Entrants should be aged between 10 and 16 years. Parental consent is necessary.
- This is a “tournament” but it is for fun only, purely for charitable purposes. There are no prizes because 100% of the entry fees will go to AADI.
- A minimum of 7 entrants is required to run this tournament. But it is more fun if there are more players, so please invite your friends. It’s all for a very good cause!
- You will play 2 games each of Bedwarsand Skywars, and one game of UHC. The maximum total duration of all your games is 3 hours. The player with the most points after all his/her games will be declared the overall winner.
- You must have the Java Edition of Minecraft. No other edition is supported in this competition.
- You must have Discord and you must be in our Discord server to compete. You will receive the link after you purchase your entry ticket.
- When you join the Discord server, you will be required to verify yourself by providing your Eventbrite ticket number. Keep this number in a safe place because you will not be permitted to join without it.
- Entrants will be placed into groups to play against each other. The schedule of games for each group will be published before the tournament.
- You must be ready for your game at the scheduled time. We cannot wait for you because delays throughout the day would prolong the tournament. Please be on time.
- Be respectful at all times to the host and other players. If you break this rule, you will be disqualified and removed.
- If the host gives you an instruction to stop or take an action, you must comply without delay.
- You must follow Hypixel’s Terms of Service (TOS).
- Do not hack.
- No cross-teaming with the enemy.
- No camping.
- If you believe that someone is cheating, notify the host immediately.
- We advise you to play some games on Hypixel before the tournament.
- The host’s decision on all matters is final. Players who breach the rules will be disqualified.
The Tournament will take place on a Minecraft Minigames server called Hypixel.
The address of the external server is: mc.hypixel.net
The tournament will take place on 18th of April, 2022 from 10:00am to around 14:00.
- You can purchase your Eventbrite ticket from April 18th 21:00 here.
- You can donate extra money to AADI from March 5th 21:00 via AADI website here.
The Minigames that will be played include: Bedwars, Build Battle, UHC and more!
What is Hypixel?
Hypixel is an external Minigames server on Minecraft Java Edition. This means, that players around the world can connect to each other in this one place and play competitive Minigames such as Bedwars and Skywars.
If you are unsure on how to join Hypixel, here is a tutorial on how to do so.
Bedwars is a Minigame where each team has to defend their bed from opposing teams. The opposing teams are
plotting to break your bed however, so be carefull! When your bed is intact, you will respawn upon death, but
if you die and your bed is broken, you will not be able to respawn, and you will be out of the game.
The goal is to eliminate the opposing teams, and be the last player standing.
Skywars is a Minigame where each team has their own island littered with chests. Each chest has some tools, weapons and armour which each player can use to defend themselves with. The goal is to fight and kill the opposing teams,
and be the last player standing.
Duels is a simple Minigame where two or more players go against each other with the weapons and armour that they are given and fight. The last player standing is the winner.
Tournament Q and A
Q: What is Hypixel?
A: Hypixel is a Minecraft Java Server.
Q: What devices may I use?
A: You may use either a PC or Laptop. No other device types can be used.
Q: What is AADI?
A: AADI is and orginisation that changes lives of autistic children with an assistance dog https://www.autismassistancedogsireland.ie. https://cmrf.org
How much does it cost?
If you are interested in buying a ticket, to support AADI, here are the costs:
- €12.99 – General Ticket
- €9.99 – Veteran Discount
- Discord download link
- Discord information
- Buy Minecraft Java Edition and Sign up by Signing in with your Microsoft Account
- Tomás’ Youtube Channel
- Join Hypixel Tutorial
- EventBrite page [Tickets on Sale from 31st August 12:00]
- AADI donation page [Open – 5th March 21:00]
- Hypixel’s Terms of Service
- Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland
Email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
© Copyright 2021 Minecraft For Charities Ireland team and The Ultraviolet Community